Discuss tuning in relation to machine vision on social media
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Portfolio – Writing and Seminar Tasks
Word count: 2000
Part 1: Read (200 words) (No marks)
You will be assigned a reading in Seminar 1. By Friday 4pm the week before your assigned reading you need to submit a question or provocation about your reading that you want us to respond to. This is my reading link: https://excavating.ai/
Part 2: Fundamentals (750 words)
Respond to three of the questions posed in seminars 1 to 6. Your response must engage with scholarly readings, arguments from the seminars, and reflecting on the practical activities. Cite at least three scholarly readings. Your responses should include illustrations or examples.
Choose three questions from this list:
• What is a media platform? Where do they come from? And, why should we think critically about them?
• Critically define and discuss simulation and optimisation in relation to media platforms.
• How do algorithms cause harm (and what can we do about it?)
• How has the emergence of deep learning changed media platforms and our digital cultures?
• Critically reflect on the use of machine vision to analyse our Instagram images for patterns relating to depression, substance use, or other social and cultural practices.
• Critically define and discuss tuning in relation to machine vision on social media.
• What is the digital enclosure?
Part 3: Article discussion (1000 words)
Critically examine the most interesting idea or argument in the article you were assigned and read. You might respond to the question or provocation you posed. Your response should include and illustration or example.
• Make a clear argument.
• Engage with, and deploy, theoretical arguments from the course seminars, readings and original research.
• Use scholarly readings deliberately and thoughtfully.
• Use appropriate and incisive illustrations drawn from your own research (for this writing task the illustrations can come from your engagement with the seminars or the readings..
• Write clearly structured prose free form expression and referencing errors.
• Use your chosen form and style to convey your argument in an engaging and illuminating fashion for your intended audience.