Choose a topic that you and your partner care about and want to persuade others to agree with in order to have social change
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Choose a topic that you and your partner care about and want to persuade others to agree with in
order to have social change. In your three paragraph (minimum) public speech, you must
include 3 different propaganda techniques, 7 examples of doublespeak (1 from each of the four
categories of doublespeak) and 5 rhetorical devices. Both group members need to present the
public speech in front of the class. Work together to decide who will present each part. You will
be graded on your presentation skills. DO NOT READ DIRECTLY FROM THE PAPER.
HAVE EYE CONTACT WITH YOUR CLASSMATES. Your speech should be from 2-4
minutes long. Make sure you and your partner practice the speech multiple times before
presenting in front of the class.
In your submission of your public speech, you must explain how you and your partner
incorporated 3 different propaganda techniques, 7 examples of doublespeak (1 from each of the
four categories of doublespeak) and 5 rhetorical devices within your public speech. Evaluate how
the incorporation of these devices enhanced your speech in order to convince individuals to
support your opinion. What would you change differently to make your speech more persuasive?
This response should be a minimum of two paragraphs.
In a one paragraph response, explain what your partner did to contribute to the public speech. A
portion of each grade will be on partner help. If you have not contributed 50/50, then you will
not pass this assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to persuade your classmates to support your opinion – make
your public speech as persuasive as possible. During the presentations, your classmates will
decide whether or not they would support your opinion. A portion of your grade will be
determined by how well you were able to convince your peers and myself.
Submission on Google Classroom – Each partner should have (EVERYONE SUBMITS):
1. The SAME Part I
2. A DIFFERENT Part II
3. A DIFFERENT Part III
Speech and Outline Checklist
(if you need additional help)
• Attention getter starts the speech
• Starts with the big picture and narrows to the thesis
• Orients audience to topic (defines terms and acronyms)
• Explains why audience should care)
• Speaker establishes credibility
• Last part of introduction is one sentence that directly previews each main point (thesis —
VERY clear preview)
• Contains 2 – 5 five main points
• Each main point has 2 – 3 forms of support (sub-points)
• Transitions link one main point to the next point (no questions)
• Link sub-points (first, second, etc)
• Signals the end of your speech (avoid “In conclusion” and “in Summary”)
• Reviews the main points
• Does not introduce any new material or information
• Makes a final appeal to the audience
• Closes speech with a clincher (NOT “Thank you” and NOT “Any questions?”)