Give a thorough, philosophical exegesis of the relevant aspects of Walzer’s and Murray’s arguments.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Overview and Instructions
If you have not done so, be sure to read the Case Analysis Structure Overview.
In this case analysis you have five tasks:
1. Give a clear and concise explanation of the case at hand.
2. Give a thorough, philosophical exegesis of the relevant aspects of Walzer’s and Murray’s arguments.
3. Present an argument applying the relevant philosophers to the case at hand. This should include an argument justifying who each philosopher would give the welfare to and why.
4. Present an argument explaining why one of the philosophers can be viewed as offering a more successful solution to the case at hand.
5. In no more than one paragraph, explain what solution you would propose for Rebecca and Jimmy.
Consider Rebecca, a single mother of 4 who has been a long-term welfare recipient. Rebecca is a weekend meth user who often spends her money on meth. However, without her welfare money, her children would not have any food or medical treatment and would most likely be placed in foster homes where their lives could go worse than they currently are. Rebecca’s yearly welfare application is due.
Now consider Jimmy, a veteran of both Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. During the battle, Jimmy was wounded and now suffers from some moderate physical disability and post-traumatic stress. Sadly, although Jimmy tried to find a job, there weren’t many systems in place to help him re-integrate or work through his issues. Each day Jimmy begs for money at his local off-ramp. Through no fault of his own, Jimmy has fallen through the proverbial cracks. Jimmy applies for welfare.
You are the welfare overseer. At most one person can get welfare. You can make ONE of the following three decisions:
1. Give the welfare only to Rebecca
2. Give the welfare only Jimmy
3. Don’t give any welfare