Analyze one of the health information systems/technologies such as Electronic Prescription Benefit Record(EPBR) for your hospital
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Analyze one of the health information systems/technologies such as Electronic Prescription Benefit Record(EPBR) for your hospital, and answer the questions below. All templates are provided. Simply fill them in and combine them.
1. Conduct a force field analysis for the adoption/implementation of your proposed tool/app/technology in your facility (Week 9, also read this link). Use the template on D2L, under Content – Week 9.
a. List 5 driving forces of adoption for your proposed tool/app/technology.
b. List 5 restrictive forces of adoption for your proposed tool/app/technology.
c. Calculate the scores and make a decision to adopt vs not to adopt.
2. You were able to implement your proposed tool/app/technology in your facility, however, you realized that end-users (e.g., physicians, patients, nurses, etc.) are barely using it.
Identify the potential reasons/barriers of low usage among end-users. Use a fishbone diagram to demonstrate the reasons of low usage among end-users. (Week 9. Also, review this link for additional information).
3. Pick one of the reasons from above and propose 5 various action items that can address the reason (for low usage of your tool/app/technology among end-users). Demonstrate your solutions on an Efficiency Diagram.
For example, if my proposed technology is telehealth use and one of the bottlenecks could be the unawareness among patients. To address this, I can propose that we do a social media campaign, run TV ads, and send text messages to all patients telling them about the telehealth services, nurses talking to patients about telehealth in every visit, etc. Then, I will need to place those various items on the Efficiency Diagram based on their impact and the effort they require.
4. You were able to implement your proposed tool/app/technology and now you need to evaluate its impact/effectiveness.
a. What metric/measures will you use?
b. How and when will the data be collected?
c. How will you know your project was a success? What is the threshold for success?
d. Can you think of any theory that can help you design/implement/evaluate your project?
5. Reviewing the last two slides on Week 9, answer the questions below:
a. What is unique about your organization that can help improve the likelihood of adoption of your tool/app/technology?
b. What is unique about your proposed tool/app/technology that it is more likely to be adopted?
Combine all these in one file