Describe in detail each of the seven steps of the sociological research process
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
II. Please read chapter on research methods in sociology and related PowerPoint and videos on Course Homepage to address the following question. Be sure to use terms from your textbook and posted review sheets on the course homepage, as well as information gleamed from the powerpoint presentation.
Describe in detail each of the seven steps of the sociological research process (as outlined in the course powerpoint): (describe what is involved in each step and give examples from major sociological studies cited in the related websites).
1. define the variables (dependent and independent variables; cause vs. correlation)
2. write a hypothesis
3. conduct literature review
4. select a research design (observation, experiment, survey, case study, content analysis)
5. collect the data (do the research)
6. analyze the data
7. draw conclusions (generalizations and inferences)
Stanford Prison Experiment
Black Like Me
AND SEE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION ON COURSE HOMEPAGE:
RESEARCH METHODS IN SOCIOLOGY